CDSS offers liability insurance to individual CDSS Members who are callers in the US. (Looking for group liability insurance instead? Click here.)
What It Covers
- Liability insurance covers you, the caller, if you were to be sued for any acts (or omission of acts) that result in bodily injury or property damage while you are calling dances or related activities (including workshops and classes).
- This is a general liability policy. It is not accident insurance.
- This policy provides liability coverage up to $1,000,000 per occurrence, with a total limit of $3,000,000 per caller, per event.
What It Doesn’t Cover
- This policy does not cover dancers, musicians, or any equipment.
- This policy does not cover groups. (Check out our group liability insurance option if you are a CDSS Affiliate looking for group coverage.)
How It Works
- Insurance coverage is May 1 through April 30 of the following year.
- The cost is $75. “Additional insureds” do not cost extra.
- Applications are accepted any time, but rates are not prorated (the cost is the same throughout the year, and all coverage ends on April 30).
- Please allow two weeks for processing. If you need a certificate more quickly, this is usually possible; just email us.
- Coverage is available to CDSS Members only. (Join here!)