Group affiliation is an important way to support the work of CDSS. We welcome groups that practice and promote English and Anglo-American traditional, historical and folk dance, music and song.
BENEFITS OF GROUP MEMBERSHIP
As a member of CDSS, you'll receive the benefits listed below and join the more than 300 groups across the US, Canada, and beyond who are supporting our dance and music community.
- CDSS News — quarterly newsletter (Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall) packed with interesting articles, tunes, dances, and event advertising (see below)
- Publicity — your group will appear in our Group Directory, and we will list your events in our events calendar
- Advertising — 50% discount on placing ads in the CDSS News
- Store consignment — items from the CDSS Store are available for resale on consignment
- Store discount — 10% discount on items from the CDSS Store
- Liability Insurance — group affiliates are eligible for Group Liability Insurance
- Summer programs — group affiliates are eligible for Priority Admission & Matching Scholarships
- Tax-exempt status — group affiliates are eligible for federal Nonprofit / Tax Exempt status
And also enjoy the benefits we offer to all groups:
- Advice — CDSS offers advice on programming, group organization, financial reporting, bylaws writing, registration procedures, sound equipment and staff suggestion
- Financial assistance — grants are available to help groups start new events (weeks, weekends, festivals), train leaders, and create publications
- Equipment rental — ritual dance equipment (swords, hankies, bellpads) is available on short term loan and for a modest fee
* CDSS no longer provides our mailing label service. Apologies for any inconvenience.